Bertram’s china collection can host tea parties of up to 300 guests.
Fine bone china available to hire includes Paragon, Royal Albert, Royal Grafton, Noritake, Tuscan, Colclough and Spode. Based in Ayrshire, we can cover areas throughout central Scotland.
What you need to know
- Hire period is routinely three days. The crockery will be delivered the day prior to your event and collected the day following your event. A longer or shorter hire period can usually be accommodated - delivery and collection within 24 hours, or a long weekend hire.
- The crockery is not dishwasher safe. We expect the crockery returned unwashed and there is no additional charge for this. We kindly ask that any liquid is removed from the tea cups and glassware, and food debris cleared from the plates, prior to packing for collection.
- Full payment is due prior to delivery via bank transfer.
- Hire items will be supplied with no chips, cracks or crazing. Given the age of some pieces, some rubbing to the gilding should be expected.
- Breakages or missing items identified upon collection are subject to an additional charge as detailed in our terms and conditions.
What we need to know
- Your event date and length of hire required.
- Hire items and intended use.
- Delivery location.
- Your planned table setup should you require our help to determine best numbers of each item.
For you to consider
- All hired items are the responsibility of the hirer from the point of delivery and until collection.
- If you require a specific colour, please ask for availability.
- The crockery is provided mismatched. Should you require matching sets, please let us know.
- A charge is incurred for delivery and collection. Please provide the delivery area when checking availability to allow us to advise on the likely cost.
- The two tier and three tier cake stands require to be built. The separate plates are provided together with a rod and screw/washers.
- Should you wish to hire china for your event and you plan to add the hire items to your collection, we ask that you let us know at the time of booking. This is no problem and it allows us to mark our china appropriately to avoid any confusion.